In 1892, Jacob Henry Becker established the Becker Brothers Piano Company. Their factories were located on 52nd Street in New York City. Becker Brothers built high quality pianos in modest numbers â their instruments are not terribly common today. In 1928 the firm was controlled by Jacob Henry Becker's son, Rudolph C. Becker. Rudolph Becker was able to successfully guide the company through the Great Depression, but the firm went out of business right around World War 2. Becker Brothers also built pianos under the Bennington name, and player pianos under the Mellotone and Playernola names.