The Baumeister Piano Company was established in 1894. The Baumeister factory was located on West 42nd Street in New York City, and they were known for building very high quality, expensive pianos and player pianos. In addition to the Baumeister name, the firm built pianos under the 'Colonial' brand name and the 'Archer' brand name. In 1921, Baumeister was purchased by the Braumuller Piano Company. The Baumeister factories were moved to Union City, NJ in 1926, but the Baumeister name was discontinued by the onset of the Great Depression era.