In 1901, the Melville Clark Piano Company introduced the Apollo line of pianos and player pianos. Melville Clark was an inventor and innovator, and these Apollo instruments were built as high quality, advanced instruments for their time. Apollo built pianos and player pianos under the names of Apollo, Art-Apollo and Apollophone (a player piano with a built in phonograph). In the 1920s, the famous Rudolph Wurlitzer Company gained control of both Melville Clark and Apollo, and they continued to build the Apollo line of pianos until the World War 2 era.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA
Typical early 20th Century advertisements for the Apollo brand pianos and player pianos
Wurlitzer Apollo Catalog 1930
Early 20th Century illustrated Wurlitzer sales catalog featuring both "Wurlitzer" and "Apollo" brand of pianos and player pianos.