The Antisell Piano Company was founded by Thomas M. Antisell in the early 1870s, with their first factory listed at 710 Arch Street, San Francisco, California. It appears that Antisell specialized in manufacturing square grand pianos right at their peak of popularity in the last quarter of the 19th Century. Instrument built by Antisell are quite rare today, but the extent instruments we have seen come through our shop have been very elaborate, well made instruments.
Although our archives show these pianos as being manufactured first in San Francisco, T. M. Antisell soon established factories in New York and Philadelphia. By about 1880, Antisell had moved to larger facilities at 1536 Morris Street, Philadelphia and 614 Washington Street in San Francisco. Since Antisell specialized in square grand pianos, the firm suffered when the popularity of the square grand diminished in favor of the smaller upright piano in the last decades of the 19th Century. The last mention of Antisell we have seen is from the early 1890's, indicating the firm was likely out of business before the turn of the 20th century.