The Ann Arbor Organ Company was a large, prominent organ manufacturer in the 1880's and 1890's. The firm built pianos and organs under the Ann Arbor brand name as well as the 'Henderson' and 'Clifford' brand names. In 1896, James C. Henderson purchased the Ann Arbor Organ Company and they continued to build pianos under the Henderson name. Henderson established a factory in Texas, and then moved the firm to Chicago in 1914. J.C. Henderson retired in 1919, and the firm was then taken over by his sons Jack and Jerry Henderson. They continued the Henderson Piano name until the Great Depression era.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHERMERA
Henderson Piano Advertisement
Early 20th Century Advertisement For The Henderson Piano, Manufactured By The Ann Arbor Piano & Organ Company, Circa 1910