The Aeolian Corporation was one of the largest and most successful piano companies in American History. Established in 1903, Aeolian originally built its empire on the new-found popularity of the player piano. Aeolian went on to be a leading builder of all types of pianos and organs in America and Europe, and most of their pianos during this time were of excellent quality. Aeolian was in control of dozens of piano companies abroad, and in 1932 it merged with the American Piano Corporation to form the Aeolian-American Corporation. The Aeolian-American Corporation continued to build thousands of pianos under many different names for decades throughout the 20th Century.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHERMERA
Here are a few trade cards and advertisements from the Aeolian Co, circa 1900-1920. Most of these show their Pianola Player Pianos from the era.
This is an early 20th Century catalog showing the Weber Pianola player piano offered by the Aeolian Company.